Welcome To Our Churches
News update below and on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/stmarystilston
For our latest Newsletter, click "Latest News" above
Normal Sunday service times (but check church rotas for possible variations)
9.45 Tilston St Mary's
11.15 Shocklach St Edith's
CHECK CHURCH ROTAS FOR VARIATIONS AND SPECIAL SERVICES
Rev Jane Stephenson at St Mary's Church, Tilston
1. EASTER WEEK SERVICES. See "Diary" and "Latest News".
2. FUNDRAISING. Many thanks to Sally French-Greenslade and Mike Hearn for leading the recent Antiques Roadshow with such expertise and entertainment - and for helping to raise over £500 for St Mary's. Both our churches face higher Diocesan charges this year and we rely heavily on regular giving and special donations to maintain our lovely buildings and our work supporting the communities. Continuing our improvements, this year we hope to paint St Mary's nave and re-point St Edith's stonework.
3. PIECES OF PEACE. Help to make a mosaic dove for Tilston Memorial Hall, to commemorate the outbreak of World War 1 (funded by the Hall Committee and Ex-Servicemen's Association). Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 April. In the mornings, Chris Gilbert will lead the Holiday club for 6-11 year olds (click Children/Youth Activities" for details). Between 2.00 and 4.00pm, all are welcome to continue the work at Tilston School. (01948 820362 for details).
4. HOLIDAY CLUB FOR 6-11 YEAR OLDS. Click "Children/Youth Activities" for details.
5. TILSTON GARDEN AND FLOWER TRAIL - 20 and 21 June. Midsummer weekend is your chance to explore and admire some of the wonderful private gardens around our village. The Church, the School and open spaces and verges will also be displaying their flower power this year. Refreshments, music, cake and plant sales, and a grand draw for some impressive garden prizes. Admission to all the gardens the gardens over the two days is still only £6.00. Proceeds are in aid of St Mary's redecoration and inside lighting. Details from 01829 250220
Last Updated (Thursday, 02 April 2015 09:21)