Welcome To Our Churches
News update below and on FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/stmarystilston
For our latest Newsletter, click "Latest News" above
Normal Sunday service times (but check church rotas for possible variations)
9.45 Tilston St Mary's
11.15 Shocklach St Edith's
CHECK CHURCH ROTAS FOR VARIATIONS AND SPECIAL SERVICES
Rev Jane Stephenson at St Mary's Church, Tilston
1. BLESS THIS ANIMAL. An outdoor family Service (joint) to bless the countryside, animals and the community. We will also be Beating the Bounds for Rogation Sunday. 11.15am on Sunday 17 May in the field by White House Farm, Shocklach (opposite the Bull). If wet, in the barn. Followed by refreshments. Pets, animals and owners welcome. Donations to St Edith's and Christian Aid.
2. BRIGHTER VESTRY Thanks to Kate Buckeridge who, with help from John and Sue Wright, has painted the vestry and evicted 50 years of spiders. We now have a pleasanter place for wedding couples to sign the register. We can also see how much brighter the church will look when we pain the nave with funding from this year's Garden Trail.
3. PEACE DOVE FOR THE MEMORIAL HALL Thanks to Chris and Tess Gilbert and helpers for creating a large mosaic 1914-18 Peace Dove for the Memorial Hall. This was begun by children at the Easter Holiday Club (along with games and songs), with help from adults in the afternoons. Click 'Children/Youth Activities' for pictures.
4. WHITSUN SERVICE WITH TILSTON EX-SERVICES ASSOCIATION. 10.30am on Sunday 24 May in St Mary's Please join us on Whit Sunday for Holy Communion as the Ex-Services Association stand down as a group. They laid up their standard in the church in 2013.
5. TILSTON GARDEN AND FLOWER TRAIL - 20 and 21 June. Midsummer weekend is your chance to explore and admire some of the wonderful private gardens around our village. The Church, the School and open spaces and verges will also be displaying their flower power this year. Refreshments, music, cake and plant sales, and a grand draw for some impressive garden prizes. Admission to all the gardens over the two days is still only £6.00. Proceeds are in aid of redecoration and lighting inside St Mary's Church. Click 'St Mary's Special Events' for more details
Last Updated (Sunday, 03 May 2015 17:27)